Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineering team in building complex mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Working from engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, diagrams, and written descriptions
- Be highly detail oriented and be able to record project build data both at the part level and system level
- Maintain a clean and professional workspace
- Balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Fabricate and/or modify existing prototype components/fixtures
- Build and set up test rigs for mechanical and electrical tests across multiple teams
- Provide feedback and suggestions to new and/or improved workshop standards, protocols, and processes
- Keep the lab space organized and equipped with supplies
- Works a flexible schedule as required for executing the projects
- Travel up to 50% between Rivian’s Palo Alto CA, Irvine CA, and Normal IL locations
- Associate Degree, trade school, military technical training or equivalent
- 5+ years as an Engineering Technician (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with relevant technologies such as sensors, electronics, controls, pneumatics, valves, and mechanisms (preferred)
- Understand wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, mechanical component drawings
- Electrical and Mechanical assembly skills: crimping, cabinet build, cable routing and soldering
- Technical desire and aptitude to learn new products
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic workshop etiquette, provide verbal and written communication across all teams
- Strong technical and mechanical ability
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to variety of technologies
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Offices
- Proficiency with mechanical fabrication tools such as drill presses, saws, mills, hand tools, etc.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.