Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Customer Service is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and memorable moments that surprise and delight our customers. We strive to understand and predict our customers' needs, behaviors, and emotions. We gather insights that inform our experiential design, physical spaces, and the digital tools that come together to shape every customer interaction with our brand. In this position, you contribute to many evolving Customer Service Programs at Rivian; delivering on our mission to Keep the World Adventurous Forever.
Specifically, you will contribute to projects that scale Rivian’s Knowledge Base, a digital tool with both internal and external applications. Internally, Knowledge Base is a rapidly expanding reference library used by customer-facing teams across Rivian’s inbound channels (email, social, chat, phone, retail). Externally, a version of Knowledge Base is publicly accessible via our website’s Support Center. In this role, you will support content creation, organization, road mapping, and strategy. You will also support scaling the Knowledge Base program across internal teams and into new markets.
Reporting to the Program Manager of Knowledge Base, you will write educational content for internal and external audiences; participating in each assigned project end to end. Much of this role will involve collaborating with subject matter experts across the company to validate and package new information for customer consumption. Often, the role will require you to distill technical concepts for internal and public consumption. Strong candidates will be able to synthesize information and feedback from partner teams to create compelling written content. This content will be viewed through a strategic lens, deliberating on when and how we share new Rivian content.
These projects also include documentation of business requirements, maintenance of project schedules, collaboration with key stakeholders, participation in functional requirement and design review. You will be expected to follow Rivian’s project governance standards and ensure sign off is obtained for each phase of your projects. You may also participate in RFP process and demos of 3rd party solutions as needed. You will assist in leading Customer Service testing plans by triaging bug defects and following the defined testing cadence including smoke testing and end to end testing in coordination with each relevant department. Scaling our Knowledge Base programs will involve intense collaboration, aligning stakeholders across internal teams, and delivering content against tight timelines.
- Write educational content for internal and external audiences
- Triage, organize and prioritize needs for new content, participate in keeping content calendars up to date
- Create project timelines, communicate milestones and cadence for reviews for new content
- Effectively gather and document business requirements for various size projects
- Participate in various stages of project management: define, design, build, deploy
- Participate in end-to-end testing, executing smoke tests, root cause analysis, and reporting defects in a clear and concise manner
- Partner with training, Customer Service and Retail to ensure they are informed prior to the release of new content
- Drive projects across stakeholder groups, proactively seek feedback, drive consensus, and make recommendations
- 3+ years project management experience
- 3+ years Customer Service experience
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, bilingual a plus
- Experience writing content across channels (social, web, long-form, educational)
- Experience using project management software a plus
- Global experience as a content manager (educational or brand) a plus
- Experience with learning management systems, curriculum design a plus
- CRM experience, Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Content localization experience a plus
- Translation vendor management a plus
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.