Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Safety Test Technician, you will be responsible for vehicle tear downs, pre-post test vehicle inspections, parts coordination, installation; extraction; retrofit and shipments of key safety structures. . You will work with group of test engineers, and development simulation engineers to evaluate vehicles towards engineering design maturity. You will also support various engineering prototype builds. This role requires frequent travel to test lab locations, in and out of state. We are looking for a passionate and adventurous automotive test technician who is eager to use their abilities to setup, execute, and assist in the analysis of full vehicle crash test. Candidates from all OEMs, TIER1s, Automotive Repair/Service shops and Crash Labs are welcome to apply.
- Provide hands on support to vehicle rebuild and teardown activities
- Assist engineering & development teams towards analysis of test outcomes.
- Collaboratively work with test engineers towards overall execution of testing
- Assist and contribute towards full vehicle crash preparations, sled testing and other safety focused tests.
- Support installation, extraction, retrofit and shipments of key safety components/assemblies
- Maintain Rivian onsite workshop, ensuring right tools and equipment’s are available for vehicle setups
- Support in fabricating and assembly of test fixtures and Maintain fixture repository working closely with respective test engineers
- Coordinate and organize pre & posttest parts towards storage or secure recycling
- Operate and maintain safe working environment for self and all other Rivian personnel.
- Assist electrical teams in rewiring, repairing, retrofitting, installation and replacing low/high voltage vehicle content. (required necessary training will be provided)
- This role reports directly to Rivian’s Safety Testing Manager
- An associate degree in engineering or technology from an accredited institution or Automotive test technician training and or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Frequent travel, out of state will be required as per need.
- Good understanding of the Automotive Safety components is MUST.
- Collaborative working nature is MUST.
- Good understanding of the low voltage and high voltage components. (Certification training will be offered upon joining)
- Willingness to work in physical testing environment is MUST
- Willingness to work extended work hours as vehicle preparations seldom go into night sessions.
- Ability to operate heavy machinery, forklifts, stringos, vehicle lifts. At times, some amount of heavy lifting may be required.
- Basic software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc..) are required
- Effective communicator, up, down and sideways (verbal, emails, phone calls, text messages, incident reports etc.)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.