Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Responsible for making sure our Service Centers’ equipment operates as effectively as possible, the Commercial Operations Technical Project Coordinator ensures they have everything they need to perform the full array of maintenance and repair services on all Rivian vehicles. This role is tasked with supporting the Commercial Operations Technical Project Manager in being the go-to source of knowledge within the Commercial Operations team and the wider Facilities organization. Additionally, you will be tasked with assisting in the creation and implementation of repair and maintenance programs on all Service Center equipment and tooling.
- Support in developing equipment maintenance programs across the Rivian Service Organization
- Effectively communicate updates and feedback to Field Service teams and other stakeholders regarding equipment maintenance and repairs
- Support improvement and validation of maintenance work performed
- Update and maintain accurate records and official documentation. Track and report key performance indicators to be included in Quarterly Business Reviews
- Development and maintain strong relationships with the Field Service Organization
- Oversee timely repair and preventative maintenance scheduled for equipment
- Track, manage and analyze purchase requisitions and operating expenses; identify and report any inconsistent data to determine impact and/or accuracy of expenses
- Perform status checks and follow up on any open work orders, communicating status updates to local site teams
- Identify in-warranty repairs and maintenance for equipment
- Manage multiple maintenance and repair requests simultaneously while exceeding Rivian standards for quality
- Assist as needed with ad hoc projects as identified by your manager
- 2-3 years of automotive service equipment experience
- Proven understanding of commercial automotive tools and equipment
- Ability to identify components of service equipment
- Supplier management experience
- Experience assisting with large scale service programs and rollouts
- Experience initiating and managing service center maintenance and operational programs
- Proven superior attention to detail
- Proven knowledge with CMMS software
- Self-starter who is goal oriented highly motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Strong understanding of project management methods principals for service environments
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.