Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop detailed test plans and scripts to validate component and sub-systems for multiple technical domains within the vehicle
- Provide solutions and firmware deliverables to support hardware bring-up and verification for automotive products
- Write C in bare metal and FreeRTOS / SafeRTOS environments for multiple architectures, toolchains, and ECUs
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent professional, relevant experience
- 5+ years’ experience in embedded programming in C
- Experience with bus standards such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and Ethernet.
- Experience with platform software solutions and device drivers for operating system boot and Board Support Package (BSP)
- Experience with ARM cores and architecture
- Experience with embedded toolchains (compilers, linkers, linker scripts)
- Experience with scripting language (shell, python)
- Proficiency in using electronic test equipment for debugging at the hardware level (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Proficient in design, implementation, test, and documentation of firmware on MCU
- Deep understanding of bare metal embedded systems
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong electrical system and software debugging skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Genuine passion for low-level system engineering and hardware/software integration
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experience developing and debugging bootloaders
- Experience with Infineon or NXP automotive processors.
- Experience with configuration management software (SVN, GIT, etc.)
- Experience in using a Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as FreeRTOS, SafeRTOS, QNX, etc.
- Experience with CAN, Ethernet
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.