Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Hospitality Coordinator is part of the Facilities Operations organization. The primary function of this role is to coordinate a positive experience for all employees, including those traveling to and visiting Rivian office locations. The goal of the Hospitality program is to cultivate a supportive community by putting employee experience at the center of everything we do.
This role will be responsible for creative project management, coordination and execution of on-site/off-site events, hospitality arrangements, coordinating group travel, and collaborating with internal and external Rivian stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who can elevate the employee experience by providing effective, timely, and engaging communications and programs.
- Contribute to an employee centric vision for workplace hospitality and events
- Support hospitality and travel program by responding to employee questions, requests, and concerns in a timely manner
- Advise travelers of schedule changes in regard to flight and shuttle transportation, and accommodate special requests when possible
- Assist with researching and comparing available travel and hotel accommodations to identify the best available options
- Prepare travel itineraries and distribute travel arrangements and schedules to employees
- Oversee and coordinate on-site and off-site event logistics including room setup, catering, resources, and transportation
- Anticipate event needs based on expected guest count, difficulty of event set up, client requests, and other unexpected needs
- Ensure that all events are set up according to Rivian standard with energy efficiency, cleanliness, and impeccable presentation
- Create and distribute event communications with attention to branding and audience
- Ensure client needs are met with enthusiasm!
- Act as a liaison between multiple vendors and suppliers. Build and maintain relationships with local vendors, ensuring high quality partnerships
- Develop strong internal working relationships with all departments and maintain effective communication between all team members
- Collaborate on ad-hoc projects
- Budget management for facilities events and hospitality—manage, record, and maintain purchasing expense reports, PO’s, and provide regular reporting
- A positive attitude and interest in growing a new program
- Warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) required, 3-4 years of hospitality-related experience (e.g. Front Desk, Concierge, Hospitality, Room Management, or Customer Service roles)
- A proven track record of successfully seeing projects through with minimal direction
- An ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to change
- A team player with great customer service skills who can interface professionally with all levels of international and external customers
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and a proficiency in a range of information technology tools and presentation platforms like Smartsheets, PowerPoint, Figma, SharePoint, Google Slides, etc.
- A service-oriented personality – self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.