Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are seeking a Purchasing manager to join the CapEx Procurement team to develop the Paint shop supply chain
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders
- Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
- Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
- Develop strategic relationships with paint shop equipment manufacturers and integrators
- Manage budget in collaboration with Rivian Finance team
- Work closely alongside Manufacturing engineering and Program Management to support engineering requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress
- Partner with the construction and engineering team to forecast demand, understand the application, review proposals, and select vendors
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain
- 3+ years of experience in a Sourcing role, preferably for capital equipment or engineering and construction contracts
- Experience negotiating contract and purchasing terms and conditions
- Experience developing “should-cost” estimates and analyzing supplier quotes
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Experience working with PLCs, Robots, Control and automation equipment
- Effective negotiation experience
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of integrity
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
- Attention to detail to ensure specifications being requested are received
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with automotive paint lines
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.