Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Team Member, Incoming Quality is responsible for:
- Maintaining a high-quality relationship with the Quality, Material Handling and Manufacturing teams they are supporting.
- Supporting manufacturing Built in Quality initiative by providing a last line of defense inspection of the product in the plant.
- Executing product inspection plans
- Identifying and containing suspect defective material, insuring proper quarantine of suspect material.
- Ability to understand part drawings and interpret the data to verify acceptance to the standards.
- Utilizing simple metrology equipment (Calipers, Feeler Gages, etc.…) to inspect parts and identify defects as needed.
- Inspecting, testing, or measuring components, products and materials being produced.
- Initiating and participating in quality related continuous improvement (Kaizen) projects
- Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
- Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Manufacturing/assembly/quality inspection process and/or automotive repair and/or mechanical experience (+2 years preferred, but not mandatory for the right candidate)
- Strong inspection background in a quality role.
- Experience in High Volume Fast paced environment.
- Problem solving experience
- Metrology equipment experience
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical process control / control charts/ Part Drawings/ Tolerances
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.