Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Warranty & Re-manufacturing Program Manager who will be responsible for standing up the programmatic elements (Reverse Logistics, RMA, Warranty Servicing, and Re-manufacturing) that will enable Rivian to recapture, reuse, recycle, and properly dispose of any Charging & Energy assets returning to us from the field. The ideal candidate is strong leader who can build strong relationships amongst cross-functional teams & external partners, manage across all levels of the organization, set-manage-meet aggressive timelines, and has the experience and knowledge of working in a complex operational environment. The right candidate will have a passion for developing and defining process from a clean-slate.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own standing up Reverse Logistics, RMA, and Warranty Servicing process for our Level 1 & Level 2 Charging Products
- Manage CM/Supplier relationships & track financials related to warranty claims with our suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Work cross-functionally with Service Engineering to document requirements and stand up re-manufacturing for our DC charging product line
- Support & implement processes to diagnose, repair, refurbish, update, validate, and re-introduce good-as-new components back into the market
- Be an active participant in design reviews of new products and sub-assemblies to improve serviceability and re-manufacturability
- Help drive quality standards for products that are repaired, refurbished, or re-manufactured into the market
- Drive internal and field processes for improving root cause analysis, and implementing quality improvements
- Drive end of life planning with regards to parts, components, and legacy production for Re-manufacotred operations
- Collaborate internally with Service Engineering and Charging Product Engineering on ways to reduce manufacturing failures, and support product improvement
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5-7 Years experience with in Engineering, Manufacturing, and/or Operations
- BS in a related discipline
- Proven success in driving process and results in a complex environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and operations across varying geographic locations simultaneously
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Expertise in LV & HV systems and diagnostics
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.