Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
You will be responsible for facilitating the product development of key automotive components within our electrical system such as sensors and actuators. This role requires leading Rivian peers and external stakeholders through design, release, prototyping, tooling, validation, production readiness and into service. You will establish timing, and manage your program with high levels of initiative, organization, technical competence, and emotional intelligence. You will maintain program status and keep stakeholders up to date on progress and problems.
- Work closely with the Electrical design team and supplier teams to create engineering and delivery schedules, closely track program progress, and deliveries against overall vehicle deliverable schedules.
- Identify programmatic risks and work to mitigate and reduce exposure, championing and raising issues and removing roadblocks to hit timing.
- Work with the vehicle line, software, electrical and other teams to identify, come together, and drive critical path and ensure synchronized deliveries.
- Lead and drive the development and integration of the electrical system via design reviews, ensuring all pre series builds are supported to effectively launch the vehicle
- Coordinate with Suppliers and Supply chain to ensure timely delivery of components and assemblies for prototype builds.
- Coordinate with Vehicle integration and Electrical Systems to ensure delivery and successful integration of electronic assemblies
- Push and support the release of all engineering documentation to support PLM.
- Support purchasing efforts as needed to ensure timely deliveries.
- Be able to plan budget for the project and maintain forecast, maintaining risk registers
- 5+ years of experience leading technical programs or equivalent
- Experience working closely with automotive suppliers, and familiarity with automotive design, engineering release, quality, and validation.
- BS+ in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Detailed knowledge of electrical hardware design, development, validation, and integration process
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams to solve a complex issue
- Proven experience delivering complex projects in short timelines
- Ability to create clarity and invent solutions where there is ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal skills, able to concisely communicate with assembly line or executives
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Travel as needed to support builds.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.