Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position, you will support the development of electrical components through constant and consistent communication of vehicle line deliverables to the design engineers and with appropriate vendors. Maintaining awareness of program status by partnering with the vehicle team and supporting the Rivian Electronics by assisting in the communication of these items to drive design, development, release and validation.
- Work closely with Electronics Design to create engineering and delivery schedules, track progress and monitor delivery status against the needs of the program schedule.
- Identify risks to cost and timing and work with the team to generate mitigation plans and reduce exposure.
- Track and identify risks to budget and forecasting to support communication with purchasing team
- Champion and raise issues and remove roadblocks that would otherwise cause delays
- Effectively communicate between vehicle line, software, electrical and other external departments to facilitate flow of information to ensure synchronized deliveries.
- Lead and drive the development of integration of electronics through design reviews to ensure quality build support
- BS+ in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- 4+ years of experience in a program management
- Ability to effectively communicate project timelines and directives
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player with a drive to meet deadlines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.