Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Utilize Mechanical Engineering fundamentals and critical thinking to solve design engineering problems.
- Design, develop, release and launch class leading Chassis components using your creativity and innovative thinking.
- Be responsible to deliver clever designs with effective decision making with material selection, manufacturing methods and quality assurance.
- Utilize the Catia V6 tool to bring your exciting ideas to life.
- Manage the Bill of Materials (BOM) from concept to launch phases.
- Take complete ownership of Chassis components and ensure they meet program targets for function, cost and mass.
- Lead design reviews with cross functional team members from styling, design, manufacturing and supplier partners.
- Complete product development tasks ranging from CAE studies to DFMEA workshops and DVP generation and management to ensure high quality releases.
- You will develop into a well-rounded design engineer knowledgeable in a wide range of vehicle systems both inside and outside of the Body group.
- Manage suppliers to deliver component designs on time and to specification;
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Must be familiar with DFMEA/DVPR usage and review of these documents
- Catia (V6 preferred)
- Ability to understand Engineering direction and provide design concepts accordingly
- Collaborate with larger teams of peer designers, engineers, functional teams
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.