Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Understand the vehicle target architecture including ancillary systems.
- Understand how to derive test cases and support requirements development
- from “poking” the system.
- Understand the basic hardware schematic diagram to develop I/O related test
- Develop test case cases and sequence diagrams based on requirements.
- Test experience with CAN test devices such as PEAK, Vector or similar tools
- is required to verify the written test cases on labcar and/or vehicle.
- Experience with Ethernet devices is a plus.
- Experience in developing and supporting automated test is a must.
- Experience in utilizing oscilloscope and similar equipment is a must.
- Understand how to use requirements, user stories, use cases and theory of operation, to derive test cases for Chassis and vehicle controls domain.
- Identify and develop test cases based on understanding of fundamental E/E principles and unique product use cases and designs.
- Coordination with DRE and feature owners to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks as dictated by their respective milestones.
- Help support and collaborate with design and development engineers for testing needs at all levels.
- Work collaboratively with various Engineering teams to deliver superior HIL test solutions that helps drive the quality of hardware and firmware designs through their entire life cycle.
- 3+ years of test experience in chassis or vehicle control field.
- Experience in developing ADAS test cases is a plus.
- Software development, hardware testing, and production procurement timelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills - reliant on core engineering principles and common sense.
- Experience with JAMA, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, and GIT is a plus.
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments is a plus.
- Strong communication, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills - both in presentation and technical writing.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.