Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
System integration engineer- Vehicle Platform
- Work alongside HW and SW architects to prototype, test, and verify that new architectures work as intended in practice.
- Put initial architecture framework in place such that the rest of the development teams have a solid foundation from which to build.
- Feedback any issues found or anticipated with new architectures and work with the architects to resolve properly.
- Create low level development and integration methods specific to the architecture early on that can be used by the rest of the software team as they add new vehicle features.
- Develop and execute platform test strategies and transition plans to support the product roadmap and timelines.
- Analyze, test, and optimize network bus utilization and organization.
- Hack together representative test setups from the viariety of hardware and software available for proof of concept and iterative design work.
- Investigate and debug issues between in-vehicle software and the greater Rivian eco-system including cloud based telemetry, OTA capabilities, mobile app, service integrations, and more.
- Work across the company to contribute to a cohesive variant management strategy that operates efficiently. Including but not limited to software build configurations, upgrade capabilities for customer vehicles, and ability to properly test different vehicle configurations on the assembly line.
this is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working on electromechanical devices.
- Strong organizational skills able to keep all stakeholders informed and engaged throughout project life cycle.
- Software development experience. Able to code, familiar with Git, Jira, and software development lifecycle.
- Electronic design experience. Able to read schematics, layout files, and identify/execute board re-works.
- Self starter able to define and execute against a plan with minimal guidance.
- Ability to multitask and apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results.
- Good communication, able to convey both detailed explanations and high level status updates and know when each is appropriate.
- Automotive, CAN, Ethernet experience a plus.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Systems Architecture & Integration
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.