Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining Audio-Visual (AV) equipment and solutions
- Design, code, test, and troubleshoot the technology and configurations in our conference rooms and custom audio-visual deployment spaces
- Follow the standards and policies defined for the AV services, conference rooms, and Zoom services
- Design, administer, and manage a scalable enterprise-level AV platform based on the business requirements
- Lead testing practices to ensure AV changes/upgrades don’t negatively impact key business applications or user experience.
- Document the deployment, troubleshooting, and operational processes required to build and operate our AV solution
- Develop custom configurations and/or software solutions around AV services as necessary
- Provide the last line of defense for AV support within IT
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Zoom rooms, telephony system, conference room architecture/standards, video/audio/web conferencing, and streaming & digital signage infrastructure
- Drive initiatives to continuously improve our end-users’ experience based on user feedback and monitoring data
- Manage enterprise AV platform and leverage your scripting skills to automate activities
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, Active Directory, End User Computing, Messaging/O365, and cloud teams to ensure our AV set up meet user requirements and align with the overall IT technology portfolio, processes, and procedures
- Document standards and provide on-going training to more junior members of the AV team
- Look to improve all aspects of the AV services continually
This is what you’ll need:
- At least 6-8 years (or relative) in the AV Engineer role, where you learned the nuances of IT Administration
- Bachelor’s is preferred for this position
- Experience with: On-Prem telephony system, Microsoft O365 integrations, and BI Platforms, PowerShell scripting, Cloud-Telephony systems, Zoom configuration and management, multiple collaboration platforms, conference room designing, MS Teams, and Level 3 escalation support
- Ability to identify, scope, and recommend improvements in the AV space
- 2 to 4 years of scripting experience such as Python, PowerShell, or other automation tools
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage AV tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- A Teacher – Able to teach end-users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand the way
- Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete in times of low tickets
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA, Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.