Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Support the Product Excellence Engineering Team with issue investigations.
- Maintain a high-quality relationship within the manufacturing, logistics & product design teams they are supporting
- Conduct vehicle or component audits to collect data for the Product Excellence Engineers.
- Utilize simple metrology tools (caliper, feeler gage, etc..) to inspect, test or measure components, products and materials that are being produced.
- Participate in objective and subjective data collection on the vehicles and components.
- Run new component trials, and record results, to verify engineering changes will not negatively impact the final product and process.
- Conduct A-B-A Component swap investigations on vehicles.
- Have the potential to utilize advanced metrology equipment to control processes and identify defects
- Initiate and participate in quality related continuous improvement (Kaizen) projects
- Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High volume of manufacturing experience
- Problem solving experience
- Metrology equipment experience
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical process control / control charts
- High School education or equivalent; 2+ years of related manufacturing or quality experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Language, Mathematical, And/or Reasoning Ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
- Provide support or knowledge to identify root cause and implement permanent countermeasures when necessary.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.