Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Execute various battery module and pack system tests at the Normal Battery Test Facility
- Support facility startup operations for commissioning and integration of battery test systems
- Execution of detailed test methods for conducting characterization of control system behaviors
- Create test outlines and detailed methods including equipment, instrumentation and test assets
- Qualify and commission battery electrical test equipment
- Work toward achievement of program test schedule
- Automate tests for application to Rivian battery packs where applicable
- Support validation team with test flow reviews
- Support failure analysis activities during development and throughout production programs
- Speak up for safety issues and read across activities for actions and closures
- Participate in Bill of Design assessments, CTS, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, CTR, etc.…
- Provide feedback related to battery failure modes discovered in testing to Development/Validation Engineers, Design Engineers
- Apply technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
- Document all test observations and collect required data
- Support hardware integration related to interfacing hardware and connection issues
- Support design and modify fixtures and instrumentation for battery testing
- Maintain, and enhance technical memory documents, templates, and tracking of BoD, BoM, CTS, CTR, DFMEA, ADV Toolbox, Drawing Templates, and Lessons Learned
- Support design reviews for Product Development & Change Management, Key Stakeholder Reviews, Component Technical Reviews and Supplier Technical Reviews
This is what you’ll need:
- 4-year technical degree in electrical engineering, a computer science field, physics, or mechatronic systems engineering.
- Minimum 2 years automotive experience in related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment and test methods preferred
- Experience with configuring and testing battery systems preferred
- A wide range of experience with automotive test tools such as Vector CANoe/CANape, Tracetronic ECU-Test, Vehicle SPI required
- Prior experience working with high voltage systems preferred
- Knowledge of lab instruments: DMM, Oscilloscope, debugger, HIL operation preferred
- Knowledge of vehicle standards ISO15767, ISO14229, ISO13400 preferred
- Familiarity with statistical tools, DOEs and packages such as JMP / Minitab preferred
- Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D) preferred
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.