Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Execute various battery module and pack system tests at the Normal Battery Test Facility
- Support facility startup operations for commissioning and integration of battery test systems
- Execution of detailed test methods for conducting characterization of control system behaviors
- Create test outlines and detailed methods including equipment, instrumentation and test assets
- Qualify and commission battery electrical test equipment
- Work toward achievement of program test schedule
- Automate tests for application to Rivian battery packs where applicable
- Support validation team with test flow reviews
- Support failure analysis activities during development and throughout production programs
- Speak up for safety issues and read across activities for actions and closures
- Participate in Bill of Design assessments, CTS, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, CTR, etc.…
- Provide feedback related to battery failure modes discovered in testing to Development/Validation Engineers, Design Engineers
- Apply technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
- Document all test observations and collect required data
- Support hardware integration related to interfacing hardware and connection issues
- Support design and modify fixtures and instrumentation for battery testing
- Maintain, and enhance technical memory documents, templates, and tracking of BoD, BoM, CTS, CTR, DFMEA, ADV Toolbox, Drawing Templates, and Lessons Learned
- Support design reviews for Product Development & Change Management, Key Stakeholder Reviews, Component Technical Reviews and Supplier Technical Reviews
- 4-year technical degree in electrical engineering, a computer science field, physics, or mechatronic systems engineering.
- Minimum 2 years automotive experience in related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment and test methods preferred
- Experience with configuring and testing battery systems preferred
- A wide range of experience with automotive test tools such as Vector CANoe/CANape, Tracetronic ECU-Test, Vehicle SPI required
- Prior experience working with high voltage systems preferred
- Knowledge of lab instruments: DMM, Oscilloscope, debugger, HIL operation preferred
- Knowledge of vehicle standards ISO15767, ISO14229, ISO13400 preferred
- Familiarity with statistical tools, DOEs and packages such as JMP / Minitab preferred
- Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D) preferred
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.