Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Works to automate battery testing though software-based upgrades of battery test system
- Considered lab expert on software systems used for testing battery platforms
- Works rigorously to automate tests where possible
- Lab lead in software development and script development related to all Normal battery testing
- Works with Validation team to improve testing practices and streamline testing
- Integrates and updates battery test systems to incorporate latest battery system software modifications
- Perform tests to validate software systems within EV battery packs to be used for Rivan’s vehicle platforms.
- Specify and/or operate equipment and instruments for various battery system tests
- Execute detailed test plans and results reports in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with design engineers to determine appropriate methods to test and pass/fail criteria.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance technical memory documents, templates, and tracking of BoD, BoM, CTS, CTR, DFMEA, ADV Toolbox, Drawing Templates, and Lessons Learned
- Support design reviews for Product Development & Change Management, Key Stakeholder Reviews, Component Technical Reviews and Supplier Technical Reviews
- Support FMEA efforts (design and process)
- Support failure analysis activities during development, throughout production life and after-market.
- Speak up for safety issues and read across activities for actions and closures
- Be technical lead and provide direction to lab personnel (both in house and outside) in setting up and executing tests
- Work with cross functional test teams to align test conditions and test methods for software evaluation, etc where applicable.
- Participate in Bill of Design assessments, CTS, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, CTR, etc…
- Provide feedback related to battery failure modes discovered in testing to Development/Validation Engineers, Design Engineers
- Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
- Provide analysis from data collected during testing
- Support hardware integration related to interfacing hardware and connection issues
- Design and modify fixtures and instrumentation for battery testing
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronic Systems Engineering or Software Engineering Minimum 5 years battery experience in related relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge of battery pack, module and cell design preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment and test methods preferred.
- 3+ years of hands-on test script development for battery test systems preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in vehicle or system testing
- 3+ years of experience with firmware test and development.
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with build, deployment and test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory and Docker
- Familiarity with LabView development suite. Certified LabView Developer is a plus
- Experience with various software construction tools such as SCons or CMake is a plus
- Ability to thrive under pressure, uncertainty and time constraints.
- Apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
- A firm belief that 80% of testing should be automated
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.