Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Support the execution of various battery module and pack system tests
- Support facility startup operations for commissioning and integration of battery test systems
- Support characterization of control system behaviors
- Ability to follow detailed drawings and test procedures and execute tasks at a high level of detail and quality
- Support development of detailed test outlines and methods
- Clean and organized worker to maintain overall shop cleanliness and organization
- Qualify and commission battery mechanical test equipment
- Work toward achievement of program test schedule
- Automate tests for application to Rivian battery packs where applicable
- Support test engineering team with drawing and specification reviews
- Support failure analysis activities during development and throughout production programs
- Speak up for safety issues and read across activities for actions and closures
- Provide feedback related to battery failure modes discovered in testing to Development/Validation Engineers, Design Engineers
- Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
- Document all test observations and collect required data
- Support hardware integration related to interfacing hardware and connection issues
- Support design and modify fixtures and instrumentation for battery testing
- Support design reviews for Product Development & Change Management, Key Stakeholder Reviews, Component Technical Reviews and Supplier Technical Reviews
This is what you’ll need:
- 2-year technical degree in mechanical technology field or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum 5 years automotive or battery experience in related field preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment and test methods preferred
- Experience with configuring and testing battery management circuits / systems preferred
- A wide range of experience with automotive test tools such as Vector CANoe/CANape, Tracetronic ECU-Test, Vehicle SPI required
- Prior experience working with high voltage systems preferred
- Knowledge of vehicle standards ISO15767, ISO14229, ISO13400 preferred
- Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D) preferred
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong mechanical ability.
- ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.