Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Employee Experience is at the forefront of how we design and create intuitive, innovative, and adventurous products that our customers will love. We strive to understand and anticipate our learner’s knowledge, skill and developmental gaps to accelerate their careers. In this role, you will develop and scale rotational training and leadership development programs to support Rivian’s growing Operational & Engineering organizations. Specifically, you’ll design and deploy rotational programs including rotation structure, measures of performance management, strategies for recruitment and replacement. In addition, you’ll support cohorts, help Rivian maintain a robust pipeline of talent for our near and long-term needs while delivering on the commitment we’ve made to our program participants.
- Design our rotational programs including rotation structure – identification of rotation duration, key knowledge, skills, and abilities to be acquired
- Determine the correct management and mentor support structure for each program including manager hierarchy, performance measurement and management and leadership support needed to support program participants
- Develop and help to deliver training sessions and materials to program participants
- Work collaboratively across functions and manage stakeholders in Engineering & Operations Leadership and cross-functionally representing the Learning & Talent Org and broader People Org
- Identify and develop solutions to address leadership development needs and gaps across the Operations and Engineering Organizations
- Measure and communicate the effectiveness of the rotational programs you oversee – Develop KPIs and evaluation protocols for tracking and improving internal training processes and programs – communicate impact and key learnings to C-suite and executive leadership
- Demonstrate operational excellence and the ability to relentlessly prioritize
- Monitor the health of Rivian’s talent pipeline and partner with leadership and other cross functional business partners to identify and address opportunities and solutions where learning & talent can positively impact the business
- Ensure all rotational program components reflect and are aligned to Rivian’s mission and core values
- Be responsible for program budgets
- 5+ years experience in Talent Development, Organizational Effectiveness, or Leadership Development
- 3+ years experience working specifically with rotational development programs
- An experienced leader who can set strategy, define and execute a plan, and measure and iterate as needed
- Ability to manage change and maintain an agile mindset
- A strong communicator (written and verbal) as well as someone who values collaboration and getting things done together
- Comfortable operating in highly ambiguous environments
- Willing to identify where process is needed and drive consensus amongst partner workgroups
- Someone who happily embraces the pace and pressure of building a company from the ground up
- Experience in automotive, operations, manufacturing or engineering functions
- Experience designing, developing and managing an end-to-end rotational programs
- Experience developing training curriculums
- Experience building learning content in various modalities
- Experience and comfort in facilitation
- Experience coaching senior leaders and executives
- Deep knowledge of project/program management
- Belief that there is always room to improve
- Someone who loves a challenge
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.