Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will structure and visualize data to support the Capex Procurement team and provide the team with an understanding of the performance of the End-to-End capital equipment supply chain. You will be responsible for building and maintaining automated data collection and reporting tools. You will be responsible for defining and building database infrastructure development by working closely with our IT teams. You must have experience clearly communicating a story using data and visuals while applying lean concepts to sustainably improve processes cross-functionally. This will be a results-driven role where you will have exposure to the Capital Equipment, Operations and Manufacturing organization.
- Partner with procurement managers, program managers and engineers to understand and solve supply chain problems through data analytics, business systems implementation and supply chain management.
- Develop and manage key procurement and supply chain metrics for CapEx procurement – cost, delivery, quality performance and risk management.
- Partner with database infrastructure development with IT teams for CapEx procurement, geared toward data integrity and systematic information flow.
- Drive implementation and integration of internal systems and applications to enhance business processes and improve access to information and data normalization.
- Automate manual data collection and manipulation done in Excel, enabling Procurement Managers and cross-functional partners to focus on problems that require their expertise.
- Create ad-hoc reports to support strategic and tactical planning.
- Draw insights from supply chain metrics and underlying data to propose supply chain solutions like cost reduction opportunities, supply and design optimization and inventory optimization.
- Present information using data visualization techniques (in Tableau) and make recommendations on path forward.
- Create and own reporting tools using Business Intelligence tools and monitor KPIs to drive corrective action and maintain high performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems or Supply Chain with 5+ years of experience in business analytics - structuring, analyzing and visualizing large data sets.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of business analytics experience.
- Experience with R, Python, SQL to manipulate data and support trend analysis from large data sets.
- Experience with data visualization tools experience (Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI).
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with a focus on root cause analysis.
- Lean and continuous improvement expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong collaborator, with a willingness to drive change.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.