Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Help develop Battery manufacturing supply chain, owning supplier management and strategic relationships:
- Identify suppliers, assess capabilities, and develop sourcing roadmaps with Rivian stakeholders.
- Build and maintain unique understanding of supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps.
- Lead strategic sourcing events (RFI/ RFQ/ RFP), supplier interfacing, as well as dispute resolutions.
- Steer contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, Purchase Agreements, and Statement of Works.
- Create should-cost models to build program budgets with cross-functional teams.
Support in timely and CapEx efficient design, execution, and life cycle sustaining of new factories and equipment projects with manufacturing engineering partners and key cross-functional teams:
- Drive cost and commercial value negotiations with detailed data-based analysis.
- Manage supplier and tiered supplier performance through key performance metrics.
- Monitor CapEx spend forecast (totals and timing) and risk with Rivian Finance team.
- Work closely alongside Program Management to support program requirements, execute against build milestones and track progress.
Communicate directly with senior leadership team on key strategic supplier and technological decisions:
- Drive commercial and business decisions influencing direction of the CapEx supply chain with leadership.
- Expand and support planning of Rivian’s global CapEx supplier footprint.
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience (manufacturing, operations, or supply chain).
- Managed commercial relationships in an Automotive, Electronics or high-volume manufacturing business.
- Experience working and managing projects globally, and flexibility to travel.
- Strong understanding of the technology and supplier landscape in Battery and/or EV manufacturing.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, high level of integrity and emotional IQ.
- Analytical skills, technical literacy, and attention to detail required to solve complex cross-functional issues.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.