Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the subject matter expert, manage and lead a talented, motivated team of engineers to guide the vehicle structure meeting safety & crashworthiness goals. Collaborate cross-functionally delivering to performance targets, provide updates, manage DVP&R, set modeling guidelines, support test team and strategic CAE partners. Help develop techniques to derive balanced innovative robust vehicle structures.
- Manage and lead the vehicle safety structural teams for multiple programs.
- Be the subject matter expert in vehicle crash structures. Train and mentor team members.
- Define safety structural load cases, topology, packaging, and energy management strategies to achieve crash performance goals.
- Own the safety CAE DVP&R, reporting any gaps to target and suitable enabler strategies.
- Work closely with the Body, Closures, Chassis, Packaging, Driveline, Material, and various Attribute teams to ensure a balanced vehicle structural design for crash.
- Develop and apply advanced crash safety FE methodologies and analysis techniques, driving structural design and innovation.
- Work closely with the safety test team for robust checklist content and aid post- test CAE correlation studies.
- Work closely with strategic CAE partners.
- Provide status reports to management and Chief Engineers.
- 15 to 25 years of experience developing variety of vehicle architectural structures from concept to launch.
- An understanding of FMVSS, US-NCAP, IIHS & Eu-NCAP requirements to vehicle structural design.
- A background in vehicle integration (structures and restraints for occupant performance) will be a plus.
- Prior experience of leading and developing architectures for BEV’s will be a plus
- Masters level of education.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.