Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead the Asset Management team (with or without supervisory authority) that is responsible for tracking, monitoring, maintaining, and recouping all IT software and hardware assets across all Rivian sites
- Occasionally perform Level 2 IT Desktop Support tasks like imaging and advanced troubleshooting - Technology and Applications troubleshooting/repair/resolution for all endpoints (laptops, desktops, kiosk machines, and mobiles/tablets)
- Establish hardware and software provisioning process (check-in and check-out)
- Regulate the software licenses and hardware assets by implementing and maintaining the software asset management/tracking tools
- Consolidate the hardware models laptops, desktops, workstations, tablets, phones, and KIOSK devices) for simpler IT support while meeting the business requirements
- Research and recommend the right hardware for the correct business requirements
- Responsible for yearly hardware and software (licenses) forecasting for purchasing
- Streamline the IT equipment shipping and logistics process
- Perform regular audit of the software and hardware inventory to validate for any discrepancies
- Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc reports as requested by the IT End User Services (EUS) leadership
- Ensure we have enough inventory at all locations for new hires onboarding
- Ensure new hire onboardings are happening as per the schedule (laptop and other IT accessories shipping)
- Manage vendor relationship and represent the EUS group across the board for the hardware and software procurement
- Coordinate the work with the asset management team and other IT groups to achieve the committed SLAs and deliver world-class customer service
- Participate in additional technology initiatives as required - Assisting with server and network upgrades, OS upgrades, office moves, technology rollouts, and onsite/offsite meeting coordination
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels
- Collaborate with members of the information security, network, and cloud teams to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
- Look to improve all aspects of the Asset Management and Desktop Support functions continually
This is what you’ll need:
- 8+ years (or relative) in an Asset Management role, where you learned the nuances of IT Support
- 2+ Years of leading/managing an asset management team
- Bachelor’s degree or Professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibilities
- Experience with: Asset tracking, auditing, deploying, shipping, and recovering assets.
- Preferred skills - Deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows-based and Mac-based workstations in a corporate environment leveraging ConfigMgr, Microsoft Intune, Jamf (Casper), and other system management tools, wired/wireless networks, VPN, Collaboration tools (Chat and Video Conferencing), A/V devices, and conference room systems.
- Familiarity with the standard helpdesk ticketing tools (ServiceNow, Jira)
- Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need on time
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- Ability to articulate technical solutions to non-technical users in simple and easy to understand terms
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.