Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- You'll be setting up and executing all component, module, and vehicle-level EMC Tests.
- You'll be responsible for lab equipment and test setups, making sure we are meeting our internal EMC test specs.
- You'll be tracking and auditing equipment calibration and repair.
- You will help design and build a world-class EMC Vehicle and Component Lab at Rivian.
Collaborate with electrical and mechanical design engineers to develop hardware within EMC specs.
Define and validate vehicle electrical bonding/grounding/shielding specs.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience executing EMI/EMC/RF tests. Expertise setting up, performing, and debugging EMI tests derived from Commercial and Automotive Standards [IEC 61000, CISPR 25, CISPR 12, CISPR -16, ISO 11452-x, ISO 7637-x, FCC Part 15, UNECE Reg 10]
- Expertise in configuring and operating electrical/RF test equipment, including Antennas, Current and Voltage Probes, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, RF amplifiers, milli- and Mega-ohmmeters.
- Detail oriented, able to follow detailed test documentation including test procedures/plans/reports and identify/resolve inconsistencies.
- Familiarity with commercial or military aircraft avionics components and installations, including shielded units, EGSE racks, and shielded wiring harnesses
- Demonstrated aptitude developing custom EMI test profiles using TILE!, Python (PyVISA), or equivalent test automation software.
- Ability to organize, maintain, calibrate, and repair electrical/RF test equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills, and confidence working alongside electronics unit and systems responsible engineers, test software engineers, and other electrical test technicians.
- Adaptable, with the ability to think outside the box to solve problems and drive to successful completion of the test evolution.
- Extensive experience performing test on large, complex systems (e.g. commercial or military aircraft, launch vehicles, large spacecraft, automobiles); basic knowledge of vehicle subsystems/components and interactions
- Understanding of typical tailoring methodologies and rationales applied to automotive standards by OEMs to develop specific internal standards.
- Experience performing shielding effectiveness and transfer impedance testing of shielded wiring harnesses and enclosures.
- Ability to debug and rework shielded wiring harnesses.
- Practical knowledge of analog and RF circuit theory and design, application to create custom test loads or fixtures.
- Able to set up and execute RF antenna characterization and radio transmitter/receiver testing
- Familiarity with modern terrestrial and satellite digital radio broadcasting coding and modulation schemes (e.g. DAB, DVB-S2).
- iNARTE EMC/EMI technician certification.
- Precision working with high-voltage AC and DC power sources
- Confidence working around and testing vehicle hardware.
- Comfort and adaptability working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift heavy loads unassisted up to 30 lbs.
- Travel to San Jose and other remote locations, up to 25 - 50% of time initially
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.