Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Manage our high performing team of Engineering Lab Technicians
- Ensure proper level of staffing, training, resource planning and coordination to support the electronics lab and key deliverables
- Provide training on lab safety, regulatory requirements, cleanliness, security, etc. to lab personnel
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Policies and Regulatory Safety Requirements
- Establishing and Maintaining a comprehensive Engineering Lab Stock (i.e., equipment, supplies, consumable engineering parts)
- Coordinate and facilitate Lab set up and Lab moves, to include coordination with equipment vendors and facilities personnel to set up and install and maintain lab equipment
- Support engineering development activities including board builds, assembling, testing, verifying, rework, troubleshooting failures to root cause, and harness builds.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. including material lifting as needed
- Provide excellent support for our team of engineers as well as internal customers
- Support quality control measures and verify optimum quality is being achieved with team deliverables
- Develop and maintain an effective ESD program
- Drive operational efficiency improvements in support of company goals
- High EQ and the ability to collaborate extremely well with others.
- 8+ year experience as a Lab Manager or relevant experience
- Very Strong interpersonal skills
- Can Do Mentality
- Ability to find the ‘right way’ to expedite and execute
- Strong Capability to organize and prioritize different tasks
- Familiarity with General Business processes, including Purchasing, logistics, and finance.
- Familiarity with Electronics Design and workflow/process
- Understanding of lab spaces, equipment maintenance, and calibration.
- Ability to work with many different engineering and business teams
- Bachelors Degree Preferred or Relevant Experience
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.