Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will...
- Harness Build and Rework – Using your expertise in harnessing, you will aide our engineering teams in building and integrating harnesses into engineering assets. You will work with engineering teams to identify electromechanical issues, root cause problems, and implement fixes into the harness.
- Component Integration and Troubleshooting – You will integrate and install mechanical and electrical components on different engineering assets. You will build test assets for electronic modules to aide in component level troubleshooting on a vehicle. You will help run electrical tests and come up with creative fixes once problems arise.
- Engineering Asset Ownership – You will help maintain the electrical lab as well as maintain the configuration of engineering assets (bucks, prototype vehicles, etc). You will be responsible for making sure that our engineering assets are functioning and properly maintained.
- Vehicle Level Test and Troubleshooting - You will be aiding the bring up of electrical systems for all phases of development vehicles as well as static buck builds. You will be helping engineering teams bring up components on systems on the bench and vehicle. You will use your experience and expertise to be the front line to troubleshoot, diagnose, document, and repair electrical problems that may arise with the vehicle.
- 4+ years experience in detailed rapid development and integration of harnessing and electrical components in vehicles
- Extensive Experience building and reworking harnessing
- Expert in reading harness schematics and being able to build to those schematics
- Experience reading and executing test plans
- Expert in hand tools and hand held meters for build and troubleshooting
- Experience working with multidisciplinary groups
- Experience working in a fast lab environment.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.