Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will manage vehicle production schedules including deviations and interruptions.
- Manages vehicle build schedule including deviations or production interruptions
- Develops and incorporates Master schedules into plant operating plan
- Coordinates the replacement orders for miss-builds and scrap units
- Assists in the option penetration forecasting
- Maintain and monitor the Vehicle Identification Number procedure
- Interfaces with sales and marketing division for (expedite requests, order changes, diversions, unique customer satisfaction issues)
- Maintains Build Sequence rules (ex: spacing, batch painting, option leveling to improve assembly productivity)
- Helps create reports to highlight plant measurables as required
- Administers the Internal Control Review Process & audits
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” within SAP highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Experience with MES systems and interface with MRP.
- Knowledge of scanning systems, inventory management, backflush points, receiving and shipping procedures.
- Experience formatting manifests for different build lines.
- College degree or “3” years equivalent experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.