Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will manage vehicle component production schedules including deviations and interruptions for the Stamping Shop.
- Plans and controls all production planning and inventory control activities for Stamping Shop including material forecasting and delivery scheduling.
- Works closely with Coil and Blank procurement to ensure raw material inventory levels are optimized.
- Communicates demand information across the facility so that everyone is aware of volume and metrics.
- Works cross-functionally with Purchasing, Production, Engineering, Quality and other teams as necessary to resolve scheduling issues.
- Maintains various reporting systems, including ERP master Planning data for ensuring that documentation is accurate.
- Documents key data for analysis which includes available capacity, anticipated downtime, peak production, scheduling accuracy and inventory accuracy.
- Works closely with Production Scheduler and Body Shop Production Management to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Supports monitoring die change and maintenance schedules
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP highly preferred
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Experience with MES systems and interface with MRP.
- Knowledge of scanning systems, inventory management, backflush points, receiving and shipping procedures.
- Experience formatting manifests for different build lines.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of supply chain activities.
- Raw material (aluminum and steel) experience preferred
- Experience with stamping shop schedules and runs
- College degree or “3” years equivalent experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.