Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Over-The-Air update team mission is to continuously deploy the software updates not only to reduce recalls but make our products better every day. Our solution is built from the ground up to provide an end-to-end solution for updating a full vehicle software that includes more than 50+ ECUs firmware and applications.
The Vehicle OTA team is responsible for implementing the software architecture that spans multi-ECU to have a robust update mechanism.
- Lead, build, test and release complex mission critical infrastructure services for Rivian’s OTA system
- Setup staging, dev, QA and production environments with proper capacity planning
- Own CI/CD pipeline
- Define on-call strategy and participate in support rotations
- Make developers lives smooth via automated workflows
- Build and optimize highly reliable, scalable, and distributed infra and micro-services
- Collaborate with security team to perform audits
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for development and integrations
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience authoring, monitoring, scaling and managing production infrastructure
- Experience debugging production systems
- Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
- Worked with Python or Java and git
- CI/CD and test automation frameworks (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Microservice oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (Kubernetes, nginx)
- Infrastructure as Code and configuration management (Terraform, AWS cloud formation)
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Worked at a SaaS or business software company
- Linux internals and network configuration and protocols
- Experience building production infrastructure from scratch
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.