Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Over-The-Air update team mission is to continuously deploy the software updates not only to reduce recalls but make our products better every day. Our solution is built from the ground up to provide an end-to-end solution for updating a full vehicle software that includes more than 50+ ECUs firmware and applications.
The Vehicle OTA team is responsible for implementing the software architecture that spans multi-ECU to have a robust update mechanism.
- Create client-side applications for campaign management and scheduling OTA rollouts
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with experience building large scale enterprise grade systems
- Excellent HTML5, SASS/LESS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP experience
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser cross-platform compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Experience with Node, Webpack, GraphQL a plus
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage – comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping
- Data driven mindset with strong attention to detail, and ability to A/B test scenarios
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Worked at a SaaS or business software company
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.