Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will oversee the system / component test & validation activities of the power electronic products developed at Rivian’s Electric Power Conversion (EPC) site in Carson, CA.
- Manage system and component testing timelines
- Provide forecasting of test load factors to identify potential resource shortfalls
- Provide options for outsourcing or load management to achieve all goals on-time
- Integrate all test & validation related timelines with the overall vehicle timing
- Work with procurement and product teams to ensure timely arrival of test articles and equipment
- Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to execute test plans
- Work with validation engineers to ensure tests are planned, sourced, executed, and reported on time
- Work with the Test Operations Manager to ensure validation test equipment and test technician resources are available on time to support test plans
- Organize status meetings and report out on periodic (daily, weekly etc.) basis to engineering and project teams
- Escalate project execution issues (software, hardware, resources) to Program Managers / Engineering Leadership
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams for internal material delivery and support
- Issue tracking, corrective action implementations using JIRA and other tools
- Collaborate with teams to resolve issues
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology field or related work experience
- 3+ years automotive experience in Technical Program Management
- Understanding of automotive testing & validation processes
- Good knowledge of Technical Program Management process and vehicle development timeline tools (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Experience creating and implementing new project/program management processes
- Ability to work and communicate with cross functional teams
- Experience with High Voltage Power Electronic product development preferred
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.