Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Factory Data is the team within our Manufacturing Engineering Organization that builds the tight data and model integrations into our factories that enable Rivian to scale with unprecendented quality, speed, and operational performance. We develop the data platforms and tools where manufacturing data is modeled and used by analysts, data scientists, and engineers. And we use those same platforms and tools to deliver analytics, inference, and algorithms critical to Rivian’s mission.
- Deliver data products that will be core to how Rivian operates, monitors, and debugs issues in our factories
- Partner with Manufacturing Engineers to develop the data integrations that enable visibility into manufacturing equipment, processes, product tests, and production
- Create and maintain data models that clean and transform data for reporting and decision automation pipelines
- Define code based KPIs from our clean reporting data with appropriate domain awareness
- Develop test plans to drive and quantify optimizations in our systems
- Establish statistically valid process control charts (SPC) to enable automated monitoring of manufacturing systems
- Be part of a world-class Engineering Team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in quantitative field (engineering, physics, math, etc.) from an accredited college of university.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to be autonomous and proactive in a “work from home” environment
- Proficiency with R or Python and willingness to become comfortable with both to support a multilingual team
- Proficiency with SQL
- Skills developing written and visual data narratives
- Eagerness to learn about manufacturing processes and systems
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.