Purchasing Manager, Drive Unit, Power Electronics, and Lab CapEx
at Rivian Automotive
United States, California, Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
· Develop and lead the daily operations of capital equipment procurement process, working alongside CapEx purchasing team, manufacturing engineering team, technical program management team, legal and finance teams
· Review, maintain and analyze a wide variety of program data to support business decisions
· Develop and optimize the CapEx procurement processes and procedures
· Develop KPI dashboard for all capital equipment projects and programs – project tracking, cost savings and avoidance, supplier selection matrix, make vs buy analysis, supplier performance criteria, budget tracking, cost roll up , project execution status, gap analysis
· Ability to work with cross functional teams and serve as a liaison between stakeholders
· Work closely alongside CapEx purchasing managers to support reporting on build requirement, cash flow based on milestones, tracking sourcing progress and cost tracking
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering; Master's preferred
· 3+ years of relevant work experience (automotive program management or industrial manufacturing environment preferred)
· Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment
· Highly collaborative mindset, good interpersonal and communication skills
· Exhibit strong attention to detail and quality while effectively managing multiple projects/tasks
· High level of integrity
· Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.