Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are seeking an experienced material program manager to support the planning activities for CapEx including planning and executing capital equipment deliveries and manage capital equipment spare parts and consumables.
- Plan, schedule and manage equipment deliveries for various manufacturing shops.
- Communicate requirements and program timelines/milestones to external suppliers.
- Communicate delivery schedules from supplier to internal stakeholders – Procurement Managers, Program Managers and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Identify and manage risks to schedule through material readiness reviews and driving contingency and recovery plans.
- Work with logistics team to ensure shipping and logistics requirements are identified and executed.
- Work with procurement managers and suppliers to create list of key spare parts required during install and production.
- Manage and track spare parts list, tracking inventory and manage KPIs for spares.
- Own the leadership communication on the program to all key stakeholders: Program Management, Engineering & CapEx.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Operations Management with minimum 3+ years of professional experience required.
- MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Operations Management preferred.
- Experience in scheduling, planning and/or purchasing in a manufacturing environment and a strong understanding of supply chain principles.
- Advanced User of MS Excel with strong understanding of Excel techniques.
- VBA, SQL, Tableau, or similar data visualization tools a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to management required.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.