Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Make a critical impact as you work with plant operations and manufacturing leaders and team members, drive continuous improvements and meet and exceed quality, cost and other goals.
- Leverage your strong training and mentorship skills to manage and develop teams while also driving process improvements and serving as a change manager where needed.
- Enjoy a welcoming atmosphere, ongoing challenges, and opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
- Have the autonomy to make key contributions combined with the support of other managers.
- Enjoy competitive compensation, bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefits.
- Have opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement in our global organization.
This is what you’ll need:
- Ensuring the assembly of quality products at or below budgeted production costs to meet marketplace demand.
- Developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Leveraging your Lean Six Sigma and analytical skills to identify gaps and implement process improvements.
- Supporting managers and supervisors.
- Helping to manage and develop teams.
- Team/department performance results.
- Manpower requirements and balancing in General Assembly and coordination with other departments.
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets and KPI’s.
- Meeting daily quality goals set by KPI’s.
- Ensures shop floor organization, production, safety, and department 5’s.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities, based upon company KPI’s.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives.
- 7-10 years working experience in Manufacturing environment (preferably Automotive).
- 5+ years Manufacturing Supervisory Experience (preferably automotive).
- Must have good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Experience with lean manufacturing
- Process and detail oriented
- Understanding of labor budgets, KPI's, and efficiency reporting
- Excellent communication skills with ability to coach and mentor
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Final Assembly
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.