Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will responsible for assisting engineers in crash testing & validation to meet safety standards and regulations.
- Support vehicle instrumentation preparation & teardown in support of Crash Testing
- Assemble and source hardware necessary to support vehicle retrofit of prototype features
- Debug complex Electrical & Software systems
- Fabricate low-voltage test harnesses in support of engineering development
- Operate laboratory equipment such as DC Electronic Load, Digital Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer, CAN bus transceiver
- Prototype development from engineering schematic/drawings, including electrical assembly and plumbing work
- Feedback testing difficulties and potential design enhancements to engineering teams
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- Familiarity with CAN/LIN/Ethernet protocols and relevant tooling a big plus
- 5+ years of test and build technician experience in a rapid development environment
- Familiarity with logical schematics and electrical wiring diagrams
- Understanding of hardware/software architecture and interoperability of complex systems
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills in a hands-on environment
- Expert in hand tools and handheld measurement devices such as DMMs, multimeter, oscilloscope
- Experience working with multidisciplinary groups
- Must be able to adapt and work within dynamic development timelines, with accelerated hardware production timelines
- Coordination with project leads to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks as dictated by their respective milestones
- Knowledge of connectors and crimpers is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced lab environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.