Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Lead Model Build Analyst will be responsible for creating and maintaining the full vehicle and system level master models for the Digital Performance Development Team at Rivian. This role will also be responsible for ensuring models are built to appropriate quality standards and kept up to date.
- Own of the CAE Master Model for all structural simulations including crash, NVH, durability, closures, and other static and quasi-static simulations.
- Ensure the CAE Master Model is of high quality and kept up-to-date with the latest engineering CAD releases and in-house modeling guidelines.
- Create and manage work plans for major checkpoint CAE master model creation and major updates to systems/subsystems between checkpoint model builds.
- Facilitate cross-functional work and efficient model sharing between structures design engineers, structures CAE engineers, and CAE engineers for other areas such as aero, thermal, interior, and powertrain.
- Ensure quality and on time delivery of master models at major checkpoints.
- Lead assembly of full vehicle master model delivered by meshing support team.
- Provide quick turnaround for meshing support updates.
- 2-5 years in a role with similar responsibilities, or as subsystem CAE lead
- BS in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in ANSA pre-processor and CATIA; skills in using HyperWorks, Oasys Primer, nCode, and other CAE pre- and post- processors are highly desired
- Experience in creating and executing model build plans
- Track record of successful cross-functional teamwork, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of physical limitations of parts and design ideas to resolve performance issues.
- The ability to progress multiple tasks & projects to tight deadlines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.