Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Implement safety critical BMS software in C which meets Rivian’s code performance standards.
- Be able to seamlessly transition between Matlab/Simulink models / generated code and hand-coded C code.
- Perform code optimizations. Understand and improve existing code’s performance on real time targets.
- Work with model-based control engineers to identify the performance gaps between model-based implementation and generated code.
- Build infrastructure/ instrumentation in the codebase to be able to perform tests across software releases to catch to catch performance deviations
- Implement build time / compile time checks to maintain MISRA compliance for both Matlab based code as well as C code
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers
- Grow and mature as the development and production process evolves:
- Develop knowledge on low-level firmware drivers, all the way up to high-level application software
- Apply lessons learned to future tasks
- Take new responsibilities on software architecture for future products
- 5+ years of work experience in the software industry
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (CS or EE preferred)
- Well-versed w/ multiple programming languages such as C, C++, Python, VS, MATLAB and others.
- Experience with working on real time operating systems (SafeRTOS is preferred)
- Experience developing safety critical software is a plus
- Previous experience in automotive / autonomous / electrification industry is a plus
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
- Versed with requirements management tools (e.g.JAMA, Doors, etc.) & issue tracking tools ( Jira, Bugzilla )
This is where you'll work:
- Department: Battery Management Systems
- Location: Irvine CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.