Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Location: open to both Irvine, CA and Palo Alto, CA.
In this role the candidate will mentor a team of program managers to support all activities of the electrical organization.
This will involve:
- Partnering with the larger vehicle product organization to ensure key program requirements, milestones and initiatives are met.
- Supporting the development of all in house Electronic Control Units
- Supporting the resourcing of third-party components
- Supporting the development of automotive harnesses
- Partnering with supply chain to ensure our products are manufactured to specification and received on time
- Partnering with manufacturing for new product introductions
- Partnering with service and reliability to ensure all issues relating to our parts are addressed
In this role the candidate may individually take on any of the above responsibilities at any time, but the key measure of success will be the ability of the candidate to build a successful team that is capable of executing all the above-mentioned tasks.
The successful candidate will meet a large number of the following requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Physics
- Experience with program management for products involving significant electrical content
- Prior experience managing a team of program managers or engineers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical or Physics)
- Experience with automotive environments
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chain
- Experience working on high volume products
- Experience working in aggressive design environments
- Willing to travel, predominantly national, and some international.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.