Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Assist manufacturing engineering group in equipment design, buyoff, and install for all new model launch activities
- Assist manufacturing engineering group with cell layout, rack design, PFMEA development
- Assist manufacturing engineering group in successful runoff of equipment and ensure product and process meet all plant KPIs for mass production
- Coach safety, quality, and production on standardized work development
- Lead continuous improvement activity and drive problem resolution with cross functional groups including production, quality, engineering, and maintenance
- Optimize process to maximize productivity while reducing quality, productivity, and maintenance issues
- Ability to lead projects, define project scopes, manage capital budgets
- Work with production to outline allocation of resources throughout body
- Assist tooling in designing fixtures or assemblies needed to support continuous improvement activity on equipment
This is what you’ll need:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong excel and office skills
- Experience with GD&T
- Program Management experience
- APQP experience
- 2D & 3D modeling experience
- Strong process skills, ability to comprehend a wide variety of manufacturing processes including welding, laser welding, SPR, mastic, and adhesives
- Strong data management skills
- Strong communication skills to varying groups
- Mechanical engineering or Industrial engineering degree in progress
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in automotive Body Shop
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Body Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.