Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Internal Audit Senior Analyst will play a critical role in Internal Audit leadership to influence and build our future internal audit methodology and internal control implementation. The role will partner heavily not only within Internal Audit but across business functions to accomplish our objectives. We are looking for a candidate excited to apply strong audit skills in a flexible, collaborative manner to drive effective, sustainable risk mitigation across Rivian.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of business process risks; become familiar with Rivian’s business processes and revenue streams
- Coach the business on risk and control concepts and application
- Collaborate with the business to proactively identify risks and inefficiencies within controls and processes
- Build and iterate on, in partnership with Internal Audit leadership, Internal Audit processes that support our ongoing activities such as risk assessment, scoping, testing, certification and reporting
- Test the operating and design effectiveness of Rivian’s internal controls
- Partner with the business to develop creative and effective solutions to mitigate risk and successfully remediate any audit issues
- Influence constructive changes/improvements in processes by advising the business
- Supervise the work of Internal Audit analysts and third-party providers
- Assist with special projects, as needed, but expected on a regular basis
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, accounting, computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification is desired
- 4-5 years of experience working as an auditor or risk adviser for a public accounting firm (preferred), a professional services firm, or within industry
- Knowledge and experience applying Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to adapt to different audiences
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to be adaptable to change, both big and small
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
- Willingness to travel 25%
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.