Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This role is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting by enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles and overseeing and managing the month-end close process. This role is critical to the success of strategically growing the accounting function in Irvine so we’re looking for an individual who can develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Oversee and manage month-end close process
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Review and approve journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Assign projects and direct team members to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Assist with special projects, as needed, but expected on a regular basis
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 6+ years of corporate or public accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- CPA is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to be adaptable to change, both big and small
- Experience in SAP a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Irvine
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.