Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is seeking a Venice Retail Marketing and Engagement Lead who desires the challenge of a new business and the excitement of building something from the ground up. You will oversee daily operations and sales activities at the Retail experience center, ensuring delivery of a best-in-class guest experience and that performance goals are met. As a Retail Marketing & Engagement Lead, you are accountable for driving sales, supporting the Retail Experience team, and achieving operational excellence. You will partner with the Retail General Manager to oversee the guest experience and operations for the Retail Experience Center, ensuring effective implementation of brand culture and business initiatives.
- Facilitate site level marketing activations, programs and events focused on engaging with and building the Rivian community through our retail experiences
- Deploy the greater Rivian community strategy through your retail location, empowering Rivian customers and fans to come together in our retail spaces
- Concept locally specific social engagements and educational events, centered on shared values and adventurous passions
- Concept and execute location specific marketing initiatives aimed at driving new market growth, expansion, and repeat store visits.
- Create opportunities for our community to build meaningful relationships with Rivian, our teams and one another
- Foster stewardship through community and vice versa
- Keep a pulse on the Rivian community, regularly surfacing Voice of Customer reporting back to stakeholders within the company
- Build authentic relationships with key community stakeholders
- Develop and implement local partnership programs, focused on establishing organic relationships with local like-minded brands, artists, artisans, and food & beverage providers who strongly align with Rivian’s mission and help lift brand awareness and affinity
- Identify, drive, and track relevant metrics of success, reporting on the impact of marketing tactics and results of local community activations
- Ensure that the Rivian retail customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture.
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensuring the retail team is invested in the related company-wide strategic and brand objectives
- Manage marketing, even and community operations in alignment with budget
- Support various community events, store openings, remodels, pop-ups, and special events as needed
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policy and procedures
- Lead seasonal visual and product change outs at your location, while relentlessly uphold visual merchandising and retail presentation standards
- Ability to provide seamless and complete support in the absence of the Retail General Manager
- 5+ years in retail leadership, experiential/brand marketing, or similar fields, preferably in a Direct to Consumer business model
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and apply a scrappy and resourceful approach to everything you do. Solve problems and overcome challenges with creativity and ingenuity.
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings, and holidays with willingness to travel to various retail locations when required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Outstanding verbal and written communication
- A passion for bringing people together around common values and shared passions
- A proven track record for building and scaling a community, preferably at retail and around a brand mission
- Ability to translate high level brand values through compelling community experiences at retail
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.