Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Managing of ESS Cell engineering project budgets and tracking equipment orders.
- Generate and integrate all ESS Cell engineering related timelines to other team, e.g. BMS, test and validation and the overall vehicle timing.
- Contribute Cell Technical Expertise for Program
- Use understanding of battery cells and/or electrochemistry to drive progress in research/development
- Guide team in development and problem-solving using cell expertise
- Ensure Cell Programs Deliver to Requirements
- Collaborate with Rivian Vehicle Program, ESS Systems, and other stakeholders to define formal cell requirements
- Ensure requirements are communicated/flowed down to internal Cell team or external vendor
- Manage External Cell Vendors
- Develop relationships with incumbent and potential cell suppliers with whom Rivian has ongoing development programs
- Establish regular Product Development Team (PDT) meetings with vendor to review progress
- Track external program milestones to ensure that vendors stay on track
- Manage open issues list (OIL) with vendor to ensure work stays on track
- Master’s degree (or international equivalent) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science. PhD preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in industry
- 5+ years’ experience a product development environment
- Automotive experience a plus; consumer device experience acceptable.
- Demonstrated expertise launching multiple products
- Formal training in program management a plus (PMP, APQP, etc)
- Formal training in problem solving and/or quantitative analysis a plus (5-why, 8D, design for six sigma, etc)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about EV. Willing making extra effort to get the job done!
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.