Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian Delivery & Field Operations is seeking a New Market Launch Project Manager to support the deployment of cutting-edge programs across North America. The Delivery & Field Operations team’s overarching goal is to prepare and implement central business functions to deliver the Rivian electric adventure wherever our customers live and play.
You will lead the execution of delivery & field operations in emerging markets through implementation of high impact delivery events. To be successful in role, you will lead a tactical & hyper-organized team to bring our program to life. You thrive in a fast paced environment and value processes that scale. You face complex problems with enthusiasm and a collaborative ethos. You will leverage a customer-centric mindset to drive operations, meet and exceed project specific KPIs, and align new markets to organizational KPIs.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead a traveling team of specialists to launch & scale new markets
- Identify & solve for market specific operational constraints (regulatory, legal, permitting)
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure compliance in processes across all areas of the customer-facing business
- Use analysis of new and upcoming markets to develop location launch and delivery strategy
- Hire and onboard new team members
- Conduct regular coaching and development conversations with team members
- Attend and lead new market launch events
- Work closely with field and operations team members to successfully launch new markets and execute deliveries
- Create procedures for handing off new markets to localized team members post-launch
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to spearhead new delivery methods in undefined/future markets
This is what you’ll need:
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced and iterative environment
- Proven track record of executing multiple complex projects simultaneously from start to finish
- Passion for operations and process improvement principles
- In depth understanding and experience in scaling businesses and operations
- Experience with hosting or leading events is a plus
- 1-2 years of management experience
- An innovative, customer-centric mindset and approach
- Ability to travel up to 75%
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Delivery & Field Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.