Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is looking for a Regional Vehicle Operations Manager to lead the logistics and support processes for our network of Service, Retail, and Mobile delivery locations across the United States. This role will be directly responsible for setting and meeting KPI targets while driving execution through a combination of data driven decision making and hands-on problem solving. The ideal candidate has a strong operational background in automotive/tech or manufacturing and knows how to make quick action-oriented decisions when needed. They should also be able to identify when to take the time to solve large and complex issues that could present operational bottlenecks to consistent, world class operations.
- Create and set KPI goals to support operational initiatives
- Manage headcount and budget for their Vehicle Operations region
- Thrive in difficult, complex and ambiguous situations; uses a mix of prior experience and natural curiosity to build unique solutions to some of the toughest problems in automotive
- Hire and develop strong talent with focus on a culture of support, accountability, and growth
- Has strong problem-solving capabilities to address issues at a root cause; encourages the team to surface issues and present solutions from within
- Possess strong communication capabilities; responsible for delivering tough messages and encourages the team to excel despite obstacles
- Partner with the Service, Strategy and other departments to analyze location operations and processes to recommend changes that will drive efficiency and lower operating expenses
- Provide accountability and support to the Vehicle Operations team by arranging regular onsite visits to meet with onsite leadership, inspect processes, and engage with team members
- Utilize functional and technical experts to get a holistic view of initiatives and strategy; goes the extra mile to ensure all decisions and planning is complete with teams and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships across the organization; make youself available to assist others with their initiatives and companywide goals
- Be an agent of change that owns effective communication of company messages; ensures that the entire team is kept informed of the vision of our business
- Create clear tactics and action steps when developing high level strategy, coach team to success through a combination of open questions, effective listening, and accountability to both goals and the team success
- 8-10 years of Operations Management experience in a high-volume environment with large and diverse employee group across multiple markets
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields
- Prior proven experience working with a product team to help define operational needs and assist with creating tools and software from scratch
- Experience analyzing reports; creating action plans based on data using tools like Excel, Tableau, and internal reporting to identify trends and drive results
- Prior experience with EV and Auto Ecommerce a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite to create spreadsheets, documents and presentations
- Track record of successful implementation of lean principles in prior work setting (visual management, Kaizen, Kanban, Gemba)
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 75% of the time)
- Readiness to climb (literal & figurative) mountains to deliver the best e-commerce experience on the planet
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record for the past 3 years
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug screen, and background check
- Ability to complete Rivian’s CMV Driver Training + Driver Certificate of Completion
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.