Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- In this role, you will be responsible for the daily execution of the process in the paint shop. Areas of responsibility include air supply houses, booths, Robots, dispensers, and infrastructure that supports paint processes in the plant.
- Monitoring and adjusting the robotic processes in paint, troubleshooting paint applicators
- Interface with maintenance personnel to ensure that the paint shop equipment is running properly and that predictive maintenance is being done
- Troubleshooting and adjusting processes
- Maintaining a feedback loop for paint quality and process
- Using problem solving tools and techniques, the Engineer will promptly address problems and act to define, resolve, and verify problem resolution with paint finish quality.
- Production reports and Scheduling
- The Engineer will contribute to shift and daily reports to management as required and provide performance reports of production to plan.
- The Engineer will work with production scheduling to plan daily paint shop production and act to assure production readiness accordingly.
- EH&S awareness and status in paint
- The Engineer will conduct periodic safety walks of the paint shop to assure that correct procedures are being followed.
- The Engineer will participate with the EH&S coordinator in generating reports for government regulation compliance.
- Managing Suppliers and Contractors
- The Engineer shall oversee the activities of supplier service representatives and contract personnel working in the paint shop.
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (1-3 years).
- 1-3 years of experience with robotic electrostatic painting
- College degree in technical area (BSME, BS Chemistry, BS Chemical Engineering, etc.)
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing paint shop
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.