Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- In this role, you will be responsible for the daily execution of the process in the paint shop. Areas of responsibility include air supply houses, booths, Robots, dispensers, and infrastructure that supports paint processes in the plant.
- Monitoring and adjusting the robotic processes in paint, troubleshooting paint applicators
- Interface with maintenance personnel to ensure that the paint shop equipment is running properly and that predictive maintenance is being done
- Troubleshooting and adjusting processes
- Maintaining a feedback loop for paint quality and process
- Using problem solving tools and techniques, the Engineer will promptly address problems and act to define, resolve, and verify problem resolution with paint finish quality.
- Production reports and Scheduling
- The Engineer will contribute to shift and daily reports to management as required and provide performance reports of production to plan.
- The Engineer will work with production scheduling to plan daily paint shop production and act to assure production readiness accordingly.
- EH&S awareness and status in paint
- The Engineer will conduct periodic safety walks of the paint shop to assure that correct procedures are being followed.
- The Engineer will participate with the EH&S coordinator in generating reports for government regulation compliance.
- Managing Suppliers and Contractors
- The Engineer shall oversee the activities of supplier service representatives and contract personnel working in the paint shop.
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (1-3 years).
- 1-3 years of experience with robotic electrostatic painting
- College degree in technical area (BSME, BS Chemistry, BS Chemical Engineering, etc.)
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing paint shop
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.