Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Perform Harmonized Tariff (HTS) Code determination through detailed analysis of Rivian engineering drawings, product specifications and other technical documents as well as legal regulations for the United States, Canada, the EU and the United Kingdom.
- Develop standard classification processes to drive HTS classification efficiency and accuracy;
- Maintain global database of HTS classifications, including supporting documentation;
- Work with engineering and procurement teams to determine tariff rates at the sourcing as well as procurement and importation stages;
- Respond to classification inquiries from the enterprise, customs brokers and government agencies;
- Monitors Global Trade Management system to provide timely release of goods pending HTS classification;
- Obtain HTS rulings as necessary;
- Provide direction related to ADD/CVD, Partner Government Agencies (PGAs), country of origin determination and product marking requirements.
- Support Free Trade Agreement analysis, projects, research, other special assignments as needed to ensure compliance and maximize opportunities;
- Contribution to Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) compliance.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years or more of experience working within a customs organization and 2 years or more of experience assigning Harmonized Tariff (HTS)Codes;
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred, with automotive experience a bonus;
- Demonstrated research, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge and experience with assignment of HTS codes for countries outside of the US is a bonus;
- Highly organized; ability to think and perform strategically in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment;
- Must be a self-starter with strong critical thinking skills with the ability to address issues and challenges in daily work with limited supervision;
- Experience with Integration Point software and SAP ERP is a plus;
- BA/BS degree in International Trade/Business/Engineering or equivalent; U.S. Customs Broker License a bonus.
- This role has core working hours of 8-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.