Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Design Quality Process Specialist will create appearance validation matrices, lead supplier timing initiatives for submissions and lead timing deliverables for Design Quality to identify solutions. In addition, the position will provide situational awareness of emerging risks to our current timing and deliverables. This position drives continuous improvement by working with suppliers, cross functional teams and identify soluble solutions to Design Quality issues.
• Develop Design Quality Appearance Validation Matrices
• Maintain Design Quality Appearance Validation Matrices and population of Design Validation Appearance Certificates, per program, while providing concise, complete and accurate documentation of results
• Lead Design Validation Appearance Certificate tracking of supplier submission timing to ensure program timing deliverables are met for pre-texture, post-texture and final color/appearance
• Lead color harmony review supplier status timing and re-submissions
• Support Design Quality functions through all product milestones and start of production
• Support Design Quality, manufacturing plants and quality organization to report supplier timing performance concerns
• Report on key product timing deliverables, per commodity, in order to provide awareness and alert of non-conformity
• Work with cross functional teams (Supplier Quality, Design, Engineering) to define production parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability deadlines are achieved
• 2 - 5 years’ experience with New Product and Process Development for Design Quality (Interiors & Exteriors)
• Very high level of organizational and multitasking skills
• Ability to drive for results with cross functional teams
• Ability to take immediate action in solving problems
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced skills in Excel
• Knowledge of various materials and decoration techniques (plastic, paint, leather/vinyl, fabrics, etc.)
• Knowledge of automotive components (interior/exterior) and relevant terminology
• Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations
• Strong listening skills
• Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment in a dynamic environment
• Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with engineering, design, manufacturing, and suppliers
• Comfortable working in a manufacturing / production environment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.