Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced commercial lines business leader who is looking to build something from the ground up. As a business line owner, you will help design everything from digital distribution to claims automation.
This is what you’ll do:
- Create and implement the commercial lines product strategy and put in place the required resources to implement the strategy
- Develop commercial auto programs that leverage the Rivian vehicle data and ecosystem
- Monitor and manage commercial insurance regulations & market dynamics
- Support business model generation and execution for Rivian Commercial Insurance
- Jointly develop and implement a comprehensive roadmap across all major pillars of the business
This is what you’ll need:
- Proven success leading a P&C commercial lines team
- Deep expertise in commercial auto insurance lifecycle (product development, underwriting, rating and claims)
- Experience across all property and casualty insurance products for fleets including workers compensation, property, general liability, and inland marine
- Strong preference given for applicants with fleet telematics experience
- CPCU designation desired
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and proven track record of highly effective collaboration
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience, at least 5 of which include managing people
- Desire to improve how owners protect their fleet businesses
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Consumer Insurance Team
Location: Irvine, CA, Chicago, IL or Seattle, WA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.